EXPRESS SCRIPTS MEDICARE RETIREE PRESCRIPTION PLAN
Open Enrollment is October 14 - 25, 2013
Highmark Delaware Special Medicfill and
Express Scripts Medicare (PDP) for the State of Delaware
2014 Plan Year: January 1-December 31, 2014
- If you are already enrolled in Medicare A and B and Special Medicfill with prescription coverage, and you wish to keep this coverage, you do not need to take any action. Your enrollment will remain as it is now.
- If you are enrolled in Special Medicfill without prescription coverage, you may enroll in the State's Medicare Retiree prescription plan, Express Scripts Medicare (PDP) for the State of Delaware, during this period for an effective date of January 1, 2014.
- If you are not enrolled in Special Medicfill now, you may enroll during this period for an effective date of January 1, 2014. You may select Special Medicfill with prescription coverage or Special Medicfill without prescription coverage.
Coverage through another Medicare Part D prescription drug plan is not allowed if you wish to retain your coverage through the Express Scripts Medicare PDP for the State of Delaware. If you enroll in a Medicare prescription drug plan, other than the Express Scripts Medicare PDP for the State of Delaware, prescription drug coverage through the State of Delaware for you and your eligible dependents will terminate. Your enrollment in this plan is administered only by the State of Delaware so you should not enroll in a prescription plan directly with Medicare for this coverage.
- Retirees and/or their dependents must enroll in Medicare A and B when eligible due to age or disability, and a signed copy of the Medicare card must be submitted to the Office of Pensions or to the non-State participating group's benefits office prior to enrollment in the Highmark Delaware Special Medicfill with Prescription Coverage Plan.
- When the enrollment is submitted, members will first receive a pre-notification letter from Express Scripts, and they will receive new identification cards in the Welcome Kit a few weeks later.
- Special Medicfill Rates Beginning January 1, 2014
- The actual premium you pay will be determined by the amount or percentage paid by the State.
- The Highmark BCBSD Special Medicfill benefit will remain the same. View the Summary Plan Description.
Express Scripts Medicare Member Services: 1-877-680-4883
State of Delaware Office of Pensions: 1-800-722-7300
Statewide Benefits Office: 1-800-489-8933
- Benefit Overview
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- Express Scripts Medicare Information Sheet
DIRECT CLAIM FORM FOR EXPRESS SCRIPTS MEDICARE – You may print copies of this form for use when a pharmacy requires that you pay out of pocket for a prescription for one of the following reasons:
- The pharmacy is a non-participating pharmacy.
- You have other coverage that is primary, and this is a coordination of benefits claim.