Important Message: On Friday, March 20, 2015, the State Employee Benefits Committee (SEBC) voted to adopt a premium increase to health plan rates based on the Governor's contribution of $26.1M in general funds in his Fiscal Year 2016 Operating Budget proposal. The rates associated with the March 20th vote are effective July 1, 2015 and were communicated to benefit eligible employees and pensioners as part of the May 2015 Open Enrollment.
This rate increase, however, did not address the entire funding needed to cover health care costs for FY2016. The SEBC continued to meet to discuss the remaining shortfall which resulted in further action being taken to balance the FY2016 Health Fund budget. On Friday, May 15, 2015, the SEBC adopted additional changes to the health plans including an additional premium increase based on an additional $21.0M in general funds to be included by the General Assembly in the FY2016 Operating Budget, as well as plan design changes which lower costs to the Health Fund. The changes and rates approved by the State Employee Benefits Committee on May 15, 2015 will go into effect on September 1, 2015.
An additional enrollment period for health and prescription coverage only was offered from July 6, 2015 through July 17, 2015 to all employees and non-Medicare pensioners who are enrolled in health care coverage as of July 1, 2015. Information regarding this opportunity was mailed to employees and non-Medicare pensioners the week of June 22, 2015. Additional information related to this enrollment period is provided below.
Health Plan Enrollment for Health Plan and Rate Changes Effective September 1, 2015 (CLOSED)
- Health Plan Design Changes Effective September 1, 2015
- Health Plan Rate Sheet Effective September 1, 2015
- Health Plan Enrollment Opportunity Booklet (for changes effective September 1, 2015)
- Health Plan Application
- Health Plan Video
2015 Open Enrollment (CLOSED)
- Open Enrollment Booklet
- Supplemental Benefits Information and Enrollment
- Things To Consider As Open Enrollment Approaches - April 2015 Employee Education Session Materials
- Open Enrollment Poster
- Open Enrollment FAQs
- Health Fairs
- Health Plan Video
- eBenefits & Employee Self Service Login
- eBenefits & Employee Self-Service Quick Reference Guide
- Rate Sheet (Effective July 1, 2015)