SPOUSAL AND DEPENDENT CHILD COORDINATION OF BENEFITS
SPOUSAL COORDINATION OF BENEFITS
If you cover your spouse in one of the State of Delaware's Group Health Insurance medical plans; you MUST complete a new Spousal Coordination of Benefits form each year during Open Enrollment and anytime their employment or insurance status changes.
Forms and Documentation
- Spousal Coordination of Benefits Policy
- Spousal Coordination of Benefits - Electronic Form
- Spousal Policy Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Pays First? (Coordination of Benefits Order of Coverage Chart) - Look here for examples showing which plan is primary (pays first) when active or retired State of Delaware Group Health Insurance Plan (GHIP) members and spouses have more than one health care coverage.
IF YOUR SPOUSE IS COVERED BY A HIGH DEDUCTIBLE HEALTH PLAN THAT INCLUDES A HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT
DEPENDENT CHILD TO AGE 26 – COORDINATION OF BENEFITS
State employees, pensioners, and employees of participating groups may cover their dependent children to age 26 in their State health care plan, dental plan and/or vision plan with no restriction on marital, employment, student, resident or tax status. Pursuant to the Group Health Insurance Program Eligibility and Enrollment Rules, an employee or pensioner's children are defined as sons, daughters, stepchildren and adopted children.
A Dependent Coordination of Benefits Form must be completed and sent to the appropriate carrier for each enrolled dependent child regardless of age upon request by the Statewide Benefits Office, the State of Delaware GHIP health care carrier, or when a dependent child:
- is enrolled for the first time in a State of Delaware GHIP;
- is also covered under a health care plan through another parent;
- is also covered under another health care plan as an employee;
- loses or changes coverage through an employer or another parent.
Forms and Documentation
- Dependent Coordination of Benefits Policy
- Highmark Delaware Dependent Coordination of Benefits Form
- Aetna Dependent Child Coordination of Benefits Form
- 2014 Adult Dependent Coordination of Benefits FAQs
- Who Pays First? (Coordination of Benefits Order of Coverage Chart) - Look here for examples showing which plan is primary (pays first) when a dependent child has more than one health care coverage.