Savings Opportunities for Aetna HMO and Highmark Delaware Comprehensive PPO Members (as of July 1, 2016)
- Prior to July 1, 2016: HMO - $25 copay and PPO - $30 copay; Effective July 1, 2016: HMO - $15 copay and PPO - $20 copay
- For less serious, non-life threatening situations (i.e., Minor accidents like burns, cuts, strains and sprains, or common medical problems like the flu, colds, earaches, sore throat, etc.), rather than going to the emergency room (ER) and paying a $150 copay, members are encouraged to visit an urgent care center and pay less.
- Access a listing of eligible urgent care centers: Highmark Delaware members and Aetna members
Save Today, Save Tomorrow
Smart shoppers do their homework before they buy. They want to know what they will pay before they walk through the door, and know they are getting the best price. Making wise health care choices can help control and reduce insurance costs for you, your family, your co-workers and the State of Delaware as a whole. See the information below to learn what the cost drivers are for the State of Delaware and what you can do to help.
Did You Know?
What Can I Do?
- When illness or injury occurs, you need to decide how serious it is and how soon to get medical care.
- Here are some less costly, convenient alternatives to emergency room visits:
- Contact your Primary Care Provider (PCP) and schedule a visit
- Call the 24/7 Nurse Line to speak with a specially trained registered nurse who can help you make informed health decisions (Cost factor = Free)
- Highmark Delaware members - 1-888-BLUE-428 (1-888-258-3428)
- Aetna members - 1-800-556-1555
- Take advantage of Telemedicine Services for Acute Care and connect with a doctor virtually (online) (Cost factor $ = Billed as a primary care visit)
- Visit an eligible Urgent Care Center (Cost factor $$ = Less expensive than an emergency room visit)
- Know Your Prescription Plan
- Tools and Resources